Interested in gaining formal qualifications in youth work?
Did you want to formally recognise the awesome work you are doing with youth in your area?
We are now delivering the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing
(Social and Community Services) Community Facilitation strand specialising in Youth Work Level 4.
We are taking registrations NOW for youth workers who would like to gain this qualification
The Youth Work Apprenticeship programme will provide youth workers with a broad understanding of the wider social context in which they work in and provide them with youth work specific skills and knowledge. This programme is designed for those who are already in employment as a youth worker who may be experienced or new to the role.
The programme encourages the youth worker to reflect upon and integrate the theory they
learn into their current role; to build capability and identify what they did well, what they
would do differently to strengthen their own practice as a youth worker. They’re assessed
in real work situations where their new competencies can be observed.
• creating a safe environment for young people.
• mentoring and supporting young people to identify goals and action plans.
• developing, implementing and evaluating a youth development project.
• identifying and practising professional and ethical behaviour.
• engaging and communicating with people, family and whānau who are accessing social services in a manner which respects their socio-cultural identity, experiences and self-knowledge.
• developing relationships and supporting a goal of improving outcomes for people accessing services.
• demonstrating a knowledge of kawa and tikanga and the ability to relate the unique place Māori have as tangata whenua of Aotearoa in their role.
• understanding New Zealand’s health and wellbeing challenges and the impact on their role.
• displaying self-awareness, reflective practice and personal leadership in the workplace.
• actively contributing to a culture of professionalism, safety and quality in the workplace
This is a well-supported and resourced on-the-job training programme. Wera has 2 Apprenticeship Advisors who provide one-on-one support appropriate to the individual apprentice and their needs.
If you'd like to get in touch with Israel or Teresa Hawkins please email email@example.com
If you are interested to enrol or would like more information on the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Social and Community Services) Community Facilitation strand specialising in Youth Work Level 4, please call Hayley at 0800 GOWERA or email firstname.lastname@example.org
"Careerforce connected and consulted with the youth work sector peak body and other lead
youth workers and youth work employers in the development of this programme. The
content will continue to be informed by the needs of those being supported and other
youth work sector developments."